Yoga Garden SF has partnered with Boys and Girls club, to provide our Garden Kids and Garden Teens graduates the opportunity to teach kids and teens to at-risk youth populations within the San Francisco Bay area.
This internship is unpaid and can last for 4-8 weeks, or longer if you’d like. This internship will be directly managed by Boys and Girls Clubs of SF.
Students will be required to undergo a training and orientation session, which happen monthly. This orientation will give students the ability to understand the range of issues they may be faced with as they teach to this population. This training will be free to all interns who are accepted through this internship program.
You must be a graduate of a Teens/Kids Yoga Teacher Training program in order to participate.
Steps to apply :
1) Fill out volunteer intake form here : http://www.kidsclub.org/get-involved/volunteer/
2) Indicate you are submitting as a graduate of Yoga Garden SF to teach a weekly TEENS/KIDS YOGA class
3) Email Tavi Baker at email@example.com to indicate you have applied, and are interested in getting started
The following times and classes have been indicated by Boys and Girls Club, to give you an indication of times and locations. However, the program is not limited to these times and locations. So even if you are unavailable to teach during the following times and at the following locations.
Summer (May 31 – July 29) –Weekly Class – 3 instructors or one instructor could do two Clubs
· Mission, 901 Alabama, 10-11, day is flexible
· SF Community School, 125 Excelsior, 11am (M-Th) – May 31-July 15
· Willie Mays Clubhouse (Hunters Point), 195 Kiska Rd – tweens – Thurs, 12-12pm
Fall (Sept – Nov)
· Columbia Park, 450 Guerrero, Mondays from 2:15-3:00pm
· Mission Clubhouse, 901 Alabama, Mon, 2:15-3:15pm