Group Class Yoga Teacher
including Align, Vinyasa or Flow, Restorative, Prenatal/Postnatal, Power Flow, Hot and other modalities.
Folk instructors have a passion for connecting with others through wellness and movement. As part of our team, instructors are responsible for: creating a welcoming environment that fosters empowerment and personal growth; designing classes that prioritize inclusivity without sacrificing creativity; deliver classes that are safe and available to all levels of practitioners
- 200-Hour RYT certificate of completion from YA approved yoga training
- Certificate of Completion from specialized training programs, i.e. PYTT, Restorative TT, etc.
- Strong communication skills and ability to to relay information to a variety of students
- Availability for 3 regularly scheduled weekly classes
A Big Plus:
- 500hr RYT Yoga Alliance Certification
- Specialized Teacher Training including but not limited to Trauma-Informed instruction, Prenatal/Postnatal yoga, Yoga Sculpt, Pilates, Barre, HIIT and/or bootcamp style fitness classes
- Experience managing physical space and customer experience within it.
- Experience in membership sales and retail sales
- Enthusiasm for grass-roots, small business, community-minded endeavors.
Schedule: Openings available across 7 studio locations. Mornings, Evenings and Weekends.
Compensation: Starting Base Rate $26 per class plus $3 per in-person registration, and $1 per online registration. Maximum in-person student capacity 34; est. avg hourly rate $45-$75; max rate per class $150
Folk is a community-centered, Yoga Alliance® registered yoga school with 7 studio locations in San Francisco’s most iconic neighborhoods.
Folk has been a leader in education and development for yoga professionals since 2009. Additionally, we offer basic, advanced and specialty training and certification. Yoga Garden/Moxie SF has been a privately-owned LGBTQIA+ business since 1998.
Folk is committed to upholding age, ethnicity, gender, ability, body size, race and sexual orientation, justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion among our staff and clients. We encourage members of the BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ communities to apply for employment, as well as any applicant who values increasing equity and accessibility in yoga spaces.