with Jean Mazzei
From a practitioner point of view, understand what it means to practice Classical Yoga according to the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. Understand and experience the Solar, Lunar and Fire practices relating to the Nadis, Chakras, and Kundalini of Hatha Yoga. Top it off with an overview of Tantra, the non-dual path to beauty and bliss. Practices include: asana, pranayama, bandha, mudra, agni sara, nauli, kriya and meditation.
- Experience thematic practices of sthira and sukha
- Delve deeper into the Yama and Niyama as we make them more relevant for everyday life
- Discover chakras and how to work with them
- Understand the alchemy of Tantra as it relates to creating sequences and teaching classes
- Viyoga and Samyoga approaches
- Deepen your personal practice of asana, pranayama, and meditation
- Shat kriyas
August 10 – 16, 2015
- Monday – Friday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Saturday & Sundays: 12:00 – 5:00 pm
- Yoga and Ayurveda by David Frawley
- Tantra Unveiled by Pandit Rajmani Tigunait
- The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali (your favorite translation)
- Touched By Fire by Pandit Rajmani Tigunait
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika (recommended translation by Swami Satyananda Saraswati)
*You may take Core Module 1 and Core Module 2 in any order as pre-requisites for Core Module 3. You must fill out an application and be accepted for enrollment to register. Graduates of YGSF 200-Hour Teacher Training Program are automatically accepted. Students may re-take any of the Core Modules for full credit at a slightly reduced rate.
For more about Core Module 2 CLICK HERE.
For more about our 300 Hour Teacher Training CLICK HERE.
Completion of this 50 hr module will apply to the 300 hours required by Yoga Alliance for your 300 Hr certification; 50 CEUs.
About Jean Mazzei: