Marketing Manager, Studio & Yoga School – Folk
Folk is a Yoga Alliance® registered yoga school and collection of 7 community-centered yoga + movement studios throughout San Francisco. Our team is composed of some of the city’s most experienced instructors leading group yoga and fitness classes, workshops, and events. Folk was formerly known as Yoga Garden SF + Moxie Yoga and has recently been rebranded.
About the Position: Marketing Manager
We are searching for an experienced digital marketer with strong organizational and project management skills who is eager to support the next-level growth of our organization and new brand identity. This position is responsible for promoting the transformative power of Folk programs by directing brand development and internal and external communications. You will work cross functionally with Sales, Operations and Executive leadership while also managing a small team of direct reports including our Social Media Manager and Graphic Designer. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Generating prospect traffic for new students, studio memberships, and yoga teacher training
- Developing and maintaining external communication channels to attract new students, members, teacher training prospects within both the greater San Francisco Bay Area and internationally; this includes:
- Website (content and design management)
- Copywriting (SEO optimized blogging, newsletter and web)
- Social media oversight (campaign management for Meta and Tiktok)
- Digital and print marketing assets (Canva)
- Email newsletters (including automations, segmentation and list building in our CRM)
- Community engagement
- Paid social and Google ads
- Neighborhood-focused and community events
- Strategizing and compiling Folk email marketing funnels and drip campaigns
- Managing contractor support for Graphic Design and Social Media
- Building brand awareness and communicating Folk’s brand story
- Analytics and data tracking for KPI’s
The scope of work will be different every day depending on the priority.
This position is available for immediate hire. Be prepared to give at least 3 references. Phone calls and emails to the business will not be accepted.
- Live in San Francisco Bay Area and available to commute to any of our 7 locations as needed
- 3-5 years’ progressive related experience in marketing management, social media management, ad management, brand management and lead generation
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and a professional knowledge of the English language.
- High level proficiency in computing skills, with a demonstrable intuitive capacity for new applications combined with an active interest in emerging technology opportunities.
- Know how to use online efficiency tools (i.e., Google Suite, Asana, Unit.fit, Customer.io, Pipedrive)
- Demonstrated portfolio and strategies for building prospects and business development
- Demonstrated track record of social media marketing for business, and a fundamental understanding of how each tool works (namely Instagram, Tiktok, and Google +)
- Past experience creating your own marketing goals and demonstrated success at building your own funnel, KPIs, and revenue projections
- Past experience with building Adwords strategy and campaigns
- Driven, outgoing, and highly innovative with the ability to both create an idea and follow it through to completion
- Ability to prioritize and manage time, based on direct revenue outcome
- Ability to work under pressure, organize and prioritize responsibilities
- Capable of basic graphic design for simple design projects
- Excellent time management, project management, organizational skills
- Professional, resourceful, consistent and have a positive attitude
- Maintain and value accountability (both with yourself and others)
- A passion for yoga, fitness, movement, and community
- Excitement for opportunities to improve marketing and sales efforts that drive revenue
- Paid social
- PR skills
- Certificate of Completion from any RYS 200 hour yoga teacher training program
- Experience with creative direction, and/or consultative selling
- Training and team-building skills
Hours + Benefits:
- This role is a hybrid, salaried role ($55,000-$70,000 depending on experience)
- The selected candidate will operate as a full-time employee. You can expect to consistently work between 40-50 hours per week.
- Compensation is competitive, and commensurate with experience.
- The right candidate will live in or near San Francisco and must be comfortable with occasional on-site visits to all Folk studios in the city.
- All staff members receive a complementary yoga membership for online and in person classes, as well as 30% off workshops, trainings, and retail.
- We value creativity and innovation; our work culture is human-centered and encouraging of new ideas, professional growth, and resting when needed.
The ideal candidate is a self starter and understands the requirements of strategic content management and lead generation. You will work closely with a small team of self-directed, dynamic individuals, all working collaboratively to accomplish common goals. This position also enjoys a significant degree of independence, as the lead on strategic implementation of campaign and advertising for revenue growth. You should have excellent time management skills, and prefer flexible work hours over a set schedule. You must be a passionate advocate of yoga + movement and its benefits, and enjoy building and maintaining relationships, as well as creating connection and community. You shine in fast-paced, dynamic environments and are always keeping tabs on new, trend-conscious ways to engage your community. This role requires effective project management, including the ability to ideate, execute, and document new and improved processes in a growing company. You should possess a high level of resourcefulness, and keep a solution-oriented outlook under pressure.
Get In Touch
If you think you’re the right fit, we would love to hear from you! Please complete this application and attach the following in PDF Format:
- Your resume
- A writing sample
- Links to your portfolio and social accounts where we can see examples of your work.
Only candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements and submit a complete resume with work samples will be considered.
Are you an experienced digital marketer with strong organizational and project management skills who is eager to support the next-level growth of our organization and new brand identity? If so, we would love to hear from you! Please complete this application and attach your resume in pdf format. We also ask for a pdf of a sample of your writing, and links to any portfolio submissions and social media accounts. You may save your work in progress and return to complete it.