with Marisa Toriggino
If you have enjoyed the supportive community and participation in a yoga class during your pregnancy, or if you are a yoga teacher who wants to support women through all of the stages of their lives, our Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training program allows you to explore and develop the skills necessary to help others with their pregnancy and birth through yoga.
Immerse yourself in the study of yoga for motherhood. Learn to teach yoga for women from preconception through their child’s first year.
Supplement your basic knowledge of yoga, as you:
- Learn which yoga postures are helpful during pregnancy and how to adapt them.
- Understand the physiological, emotional, and social considerations of childbearing.
- Address the common discomforts of pregnancy with specific yoga postures and sequences.
- Receive hands-on training and peer feedback in practice classroom settings.
- Gain hands-on experience supporting mother/infant bonding and fostering community among new mothers.
The Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training at Yoga Garden SF is for:
- Certified yoga teachers earning CEU’s specializing in prenatal and postpartum yoga.
- Students currently enrolled in the Yoga Garden SF 200-hour Teacher Training Program with an emphasis in prenatal and postpartum care.
- Experienced yoga students (with permission from the instructor) interested in becoming prenatal yoga teachers.
- Birth Professionals (childbirth educators, doulas, midwives, nurses, OB/GYN’s, etc) interested in learning how yoga can benefit their clients and how to add yoga to their care modalities.
For more information about the program, click here.