Drawing from the knowledge and experiences learned Core Modules 1 and 2, students put their skills to the test.
- Refine classroom presence
- Explore innovative sequencing concepts
- Apply themes from Sutras, Hatha, and Tantra
- Practice and mentor feedback on sequencing assignments
- Learn how to see your students
- Learn techniques to deal with limited mobility or injury
This module includes 10 hours of either therapeutics and/or Systems Anatomy, an experiential and embodied approach towards understanding and accessing the different physiological systems of the body to deepen the experience of asana and self awareness. From a place of wholeness and balance, learn how to teach and master more complex poses.
Students may repeat Core Curriculum modules for credit for a deeper understanding and experience. Content is teacher-driven and may vary from session to session (like college seminars), but the Yoga Alliance hours remain the same. See MindBody Online course descriptions for more detailed information.
Completion of this 50-hour module will apply to the 300 hours required by Yoga Alliance for your 500 hour certification; 50 CEUs.
Prerequisites: Student must have completed: Core Module Gunas, Vayus, and Doshas and Core Module Sutras, Tantra and Bliss are prerequisite OR have taught a minimum of 500 hours, have a good understanding of the Yoga Sutras, Gunas, Doshas and the Prana Vayus.
Students who have not completed Core Modules will be required to have an entrance interview with the program director or lead instructor of this module. You must apply and be accepted for enrollment to register. Graduates of YGSF 200-Hour Teacher Training Program are automatically accepted.
Advanced Teaching Application is offered as a 7 day immersion in November and as a 3 week extended program in the summer.
- August 23- September 12, 2015 (extended) taught by Jen Hecht
- November 16-22, 2015 (immersion) taught by Jean Mazzei
The daily schedule for the immersion is:
- Mon-Fri: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Saturday: 12:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- Sunday: 12:30 pm – 5:00 pm
The daily schedule for the extended is:
- Sundays: 12:30-5:30 pm
- Tues/Fridays: 6:30-9:00 pm
- Sunday: 12:30 pm – 5:30 pm
- The Upanishads by Eknath Easwaran
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (your favorite translation)
- Shiva Sutras, Bhagavad Gita or other inspirational text of your choice
Additional Recommended Texts
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Mathews
Learn more about our 300 hour teacher training HERE.
Application for Admission
YGSF200 Graduates are automatically admitted, no application required! No financial info required to apply! Answer a few important questions so we can better understand you and your practice. After all, getting to know each other is the first step. You’ll hear from us shortly, once we receive your application. We look forward to meeting you and helping you reach your goals!