Power Up: An Intro to the World of Fitness Training
January 20, 2024 @ 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
This human body is incredible and there are so many ways to move it. If you’re a yoga practitioner or teacher who wants to learn more about the benefits of strength training (hey pull-up!), metabolic conditioning (think: HIIT!), and corrective exercise (fix your pain!), this workshop is for you. In this 2.5-hour class with Certified Personal Trainer Renée Peñaloza (NASM-CPT, MPH), you’ll learn why it’s mentally and physiologically beneficial to diversify your fitness routine and invest your time in fitness.
Learn how to:
- Get stronger by creating a balanced workout routine
- Prevent injury and improve your form through complimentary fitness modalities
- Increase your fitness level (at any age!)
This workshop is also a great primer for those who want to take our Group Fitness Teacher Training. This workshop is part lecture and part movement. Open to people of all practice and fitness levels.
Saturday, January 20th, 2024, 2:00-4:30pm (in person at Folk 20th St)
Cost: $60 or $50 on or before January 6th, 2024, or:
- Click here for other pricing options.
- Folk Members and Alumni receive 25% off of the full price.